Thursday, February 26, 2009

10 Week Belly Picture!

This week Tuesday marked the 10-week point for us! Woo-hoo! 1/4 of the way there!

We decided to start taking belly shots so we could see my development. This is the 10-week belly shot - no changes yet!


Then we decided to have Adam also take a belly shot...just for fun. He isn't showing yet either ;)


The pregnancy is still going really well. I haven't gotten sick at all (except for when I had the flu, but I don't think that counts) but I have to eat regularly or I get nauseous. Evening is my worst time of day...if I'm going to feel sick, it usually happens between 4 and 10 pm.

The strangest change about pregnancy that I've experienced so far is that feeling hungry isn't the same as it used to be. Normally, you start feeling hungry, like "I might need to eat dinner in the next hour or so". That doesn't happen while you are pregnant. There's no warning, it just goes from "I'm good" to "I'm starving and I need to eat NOW". Adam can attest to this, he's witnessed it many times now. It normally isn't too much of an issue, because I usually carry granola bars and a bottle of water with me at all times. But on the rare occasion that I get caught without something to snack on, watch out!

Another weird thing: I can't ever finish a full meal. Not even close. This is annoying when we go to a restaurant for Valentine's Day, and I can't even get all the way through my dinner salad. And then, of course, I'm starving again about 15 minutes after we leave the restaurant. But this is just a minor inconvenience, and I'm so thankful that I'm not having a really tough pregnancy where I'm constantly sick and can't keep food down. My sister Jenny experienced that with her first pregnancy, so I'm glad that I lucked out and didn't have that problem.

Another thing I have to say is, thank goodness that I have an amazing husband like Adam! He is the most patient person I know, and he is a constant support for me. I've been a bit more emotional than normal lately (darn hormones) and he handles it like a pro. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful man like him for a husband! And he's gonna be an awesome daddy, too! :)

Well, that's about it for now. Say prayers that our little peanut keeps growing strong!

~Beth


1 comment:

  1. Adam learned to be patient by having a brother like Sam. He was quite the handfull, just ask his Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete