Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baby's First Pictures

We had our first visit to the doctor on February 17. We were both a bit nervous, not really knowing what to expect, but excited!

The ultrasound was amazing. For me, it was reassuring to actually see that our little person really does exist. I was worrying sometimes that maybe the pregnancy tests were wrong, or something had happened to the baby, etc., especially because I've had such an easy pregnancy so far. Going to the doctor settled those fears for me.

We could see our baby's arms and legs moving, and see its heart beating. We got to hear the heartbeat too. It was crazy to me that after only 9 weeks, the baby is already moving and has a heartbeat that we can listen to! I still can't believe that this little miracle is growing inside me!


Below is a 3D image of the baby. Its amazing what they can do with ultrasound now!



The rest of the doctor's visit went very well. They said the baby is healthy, so am I, and everything looks great. Our doctor, Dr. Koellermeier, is a very nice lady who seems easygoing, good humored, but also extremely knowledgable. I'm glad we picked her!

Our next appointment is March 19...we'll let you know how that goes!

~Beth

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how seeing the pictures makes it all seem real... I'm going to have to keep Laura away from this blog or soon we'll be creating one of our own :)

    Take care,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete