Saturday, June 27, 2009

Third Trimester!!!

Hi everyone,

Well, we are finally in the third trimester! Woo hoo! We have 87 days to go until our due date...hopefully they will go fast!

Adam and I went to Build A Bear last week to make baby's first teddy bear. We've planned to do this since we got pregnant. It was fun! :) Here is a picture of him:

Other exciting things - last weekend we had our first baby shower with my mom's side of the family at a family reunion. We had a ton of fun, and got a lot of great stuff including our stroller, which Adam put together right away. It is exciting and a reality check to have all of this baby stuff in our apartment! :)

So, an update on how things are going...still pretty well overall. I have been having a bit of trouble with my sciatic nerve on my right side, which has been rather unpleasant the past few days. It makes it painful for me to walk, climb stairs, bend over (Adam has been picking things up off the floor for me), or really put any weight on my right leg. It is one of the normal pregnancy woes, and it will hopefully improve within the next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that!

Otherwise, things are good. I am carrying pretty far out front, so everyone likes to comment that my due date must be wrong, that our baby is going to be a 10-pounder, etc. From the side I look very pregnant, but from the back you can't tell at all. I'm hoping that I will start to widen out a bit, otherwise I'm going to end up looking like someone stuck a watermelon the long way under my shirt! But what is really important is that baby and I stay healthy, and the doctor said I'm right on track with belly measurements and weight gain, which is good! Baby really moves a lot now, and keeps me awake some nights. Adam can feel him moving really well every day, which he loves. Sometimes I am shocked by the strength of the movements - this kid can really pack a punch (or kick) sometimes!

As Adam mentioned in his post, I have crazy baby dreams regularly. Last night I dreamt that there were leaves in my belly button that I was pulling out, and that it was a secret of mothers that everyone has leaves in their bellies for every time they eat a fruit or vegetable. I have no idea where these dreams come from...

Well, that's it from our end. We will post a 30 week belly picture in about two weeks. Until then, say prayers that our little guy keeps growing strong!

Beth (and Adam)

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping that I will start to widen out a bit,


    Now there's a statement you don't hear from a woman too often!

    ReplyDelete